regarding SL and VW’s. Of course I chimed in – but I’ll repost them here for posterity.
My top 3 headlines for…..
THE GEEK BLOGS
1) Linden labs opens jabber gateway into secondlife instant messaging client.
2) Education boffins laud html on a prim…
3) Trans-metaverse avatars protest having to leave their weapons at customs.
THE MAINSTREAM PRESS
1) Virtual Worlds Next Big Thing – like myspace
(but nothing like it really we just said that to get your attention.)
2) Virtual Worlds Cesspit Of Degenerate Illegality –
(err not really we just said that to get your attention again.)
3) Terrorists Plan Virtual Terror –
(eeeeh is this gonzo thing still working or do we need to start paying for research from now on?)
THE BUSINESS PRESS
1) Corporates turn to virtual worlds to get things done as facebook suffers productivity killing zombie apocalypse.
2) Government economists move to establish tax rates on Netherweave, Isogen, Prism Power.
3) As corporations leave VW’s in droves, cottage MDC industry reports record growth, as does litigation for profit.
Well they’re my predictions for headlines in 2008. I think they’re a shoe in 😛